Mike's Book Gallery

Stay Connected Youths play important role in every country Social challenge Computer, major player Metallurgy Nigerian Youth Challenges Drug Abuse Crime

Sunday 21 June 2020

The New MTN YouTube Night

A caption on YouTube Night data balance
Fig: A caption on YouTube Night data balance

The new MTN YouTube Night is a new data offer introduced by MTN Nigeria to show love to their subscribers. This is a data offer that can come in form of bonus. The new data offer allows subscribers to watch any YouTube videos of their choice from 11pm in the night to 7a.m in the morning. 

Once this duration has pass, for any YouTube video you watch, you are charged from either your airtime balance or from your main data balance. When this plan was introduced during the global lockdown due to Covid-19 Virus in 2020, many YouTube lovers were happy. They were happy because they were given free data to watch their favourite videos in Google YouTube at specific time frames.

I remembered calling a friend in one morning and she complained of not sleeping on time the previous day. When I asked her what happened she said she was busy watching videos on YouTube late in the night. When I went further and asked why she didn't watch the videos earlier so that she could sleep, she said that it was because of the time given by the Internet Service Provider for her subscribers to be able to use the free data. What it implies is that the free YouTube data can deprive you of your sleep if you really want to make use of it to the core. That is Nigeria.
Fig: MTN Nigeria logo

How Much Data can be given for the New MTN YouTube Night

The fact is that a subscriber of MTN network in Nigeria can get as high as 4 gigabytes data for the bonus. It depends on how much monthly or weekly subscription you do in some cases. If you subscribe higher you are likely to get higher YouTube Night data. 

Sometimes you may not even be able to finish the use of the data before the expiration. It is only people who really visit YouTube often that can be able to exhaust the data before the expiration. At the early stage of the introduction of this plan by MTN Nigeria, I hardly use up to 30 percent of the data before it expires. I once downloaded many education videos from YouTube using the data but still could not finish the data before expiration date. 

You can be given another YouTube data bonus even without exhausting the initial given one to you by MTN. Yes it is possible. I remember when I was given extra 2 gigabytes data though I had not finished the first one given to me. 

How do I Check my YouTube Night Data Balance

The approach to check your YouTube night data balance is the same with the one you follow when you want to check your monthly data balance on MTN network. Just dial *131# and then select 4. When you select 4, you will get SMS notification on your data balance with that of your YouTube night data inclusive. That's the simple approach to know your balance of YouTube night data. MTN is doing great with this their newly added value. 

Know that the MTN YouTube data works from 11pm to 6am. 

38 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine night YouTube data is not active....MTN why?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. If you were given, it only works from 11pm in the night to 6am the next day.

      Delete
    2. I was guvrb but mine isn't working

      Delete
  4. This is shit, I was seriously watching videos on YouTube not knowing my main subscription was used all those hours. Can I get an answer to this

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a scam from MTN themselves....
    Mtcheeew

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you tried that during the timeframe?

      Delete
  6. If it doesn't work this time, it will so painful because of what I had to sacrifice to get this offer 08140140860

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm at first I thought de data works like every other data but now I have come to know de time frame I will give it a try to see if it's really working

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes , there timeframe when it works.

      Delete
    2. I checked during time frame. It is cheat/fake. It consumes main data balance.

      Delete
  8. It's a scam jor...My main data is being consumed.And don't tell me it's not within the time frame, because this is 11:41 pm.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This shit does not work..mtn can never give you awoof..not possible

    ReplyDelete
  10. From 11pm to 6am can u download with that
    data

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have up to 12gb but can't used it, I had to stay awake still 3am but still did not work, please mtn look into it

    ReplyDelete
  12. MTN the biggest scammer of all operators.

    ReplyDelete
  13. MTN... Scamming ancestor .. tufiakwa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mine isn't working atall. Every activity I do on YouTube within that time frame goes directly to my main data

    ReplyDelete
  15. I called the customer's service,I was asked to download the app,yet not working!let mtn customer service enlighten us on what to do, monthly free YouTube 4gb always a waste

    ReplyDelete
  16. What time to what time can you use youtube night.

    ReplyDelete

  17. What time to what time can you use youtube night.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is not working abeg MTN stop deceiving us

    ReplyDelete
  19. Can I download videos
    with it within the time frame?

    ReplyDelete
  20. How can I share mine YouTube data

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have up to 16G now but it doesn't work. Burns my main data, any help?

    ReplyDelete
  22. I read on twitter that mtn divided the 4gb bonus for 7days each, which means you can only watch 1gb youtube video for 7days within that time frame. Therefore if you've used more than 1gb b4 7days then your main data will be deducting. That means u have to wait for the next 7days to use the next 1gb to continue watching YouTube at the time frame again

    ReplyDelete
  23. Mine is not working
    May be they want you to exaust you main data before it starts working

    ReplyDelete
  24. Chai, I just stay awake for nothing sha. The 4gig is not working joor.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Since 11 I have being awake watching YouTube only for me to see it was taken out of NY main data. I think mtn as a network should have explained how this works not given us YouTube data . we cannot all be lying

    ReplyDelete